See Jessie's New Page

Jessie has changed to a new page. To view recent posts please visit www.jessiebull.wordpress.com



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stuck In The Mud

You know how we all have those songs that make us think of past times, or sometimes those stingy songs that remind us of failed past relationships?

Well, one of those songs came on the radio this morning while I was getting ready for work.  I immediately thought of two past relationships that were not so good. What surprised me was how I did not follow my usual pattern of replaying every move I made and racking my brain to figure out what went wrong.  See this is an old habit of mine and I used to get so "stuck in the mud" with this pattern of self-blame..."it was all my fault, I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty enough, I wasn't strong enough" then that pit of the stomach feeling would turn to tears and I would be as I said..."stuck in the mud"

What I have realized over the past few months is that the one mistake I did make was that Jesus was not at the center of my heart.  Once I accepted Christ as my end all be all, my perspective on all of these things changed.

One of the most important was, that if I don't have a man in my life who also sees and believes that Christ is the foundation...they are not going to treat me right, and it is not a place where God desires me to be and I will end up "stuck in the mud" again. Let's face it...another human being is just that...human...they are not perfect and won't love you perfectly. They will let you down.  But as a pair if the center is the perfect love of Jesus there is a common "safe" ground for both people to lean on during those times of "humanness".

The other very important thing I learned was that I don't NEED a man in my life. Of course it would be nice but it's not up to me and it's all about God's timing and if he blesses me in that way. Until then...Jesus is the only man I need. I think too many women get so caught up in trying to attract a man, have a man, and keep a man...I know I used to... and what they don't realize is they already have a man! Jesus is already there! I used to be one of those girls...how does that saying go "looking for love in all the wrong places"...That was me! But not anymore.

So this morning when "God Bless The Broken Road" came on the radio I rose out of the mud and thanked God for the broken road that led me to Jesus.


Have you ever been stuck in the mud? What lies at the center of your heart? Leave a comment or send an email.

Blessings!
XOXO
~Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment